Friday, March 19, 2021

Family Heritage Unknown

                         The Jungle Life


                            Episode Two
                ( Family Heritage Unknown)




The name 'Ogigi' is ascribed to some families in Elelenwo Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria. However, this particular Ogigi family am referring to, is a unique one with classified history and attributes.

Family, they say is everything but the Ogigis' have their  own definition of a family. No one values the other. Everyone is a Master. At noon, the neighborhood is calm and bored at the same time. The music channel is turned off, everyone in the Ogigi family has gone out in search of greener pastures.

I glanced through the window to embrace the freshness of the day and I saw her. I looked again for clarity and certainty, truly, it was her. She's back, I have heard alot about her.

" She's the family misery", said Alice.

I took a closer look at her, " she looks like someone in agony who must have been tortured seriously, don't you think so Alice."

Alice nodded in agreement, " Victoria that's her name." She continued, " people said that she's mad. For four months now her eldest sister took her for prayers."

 " It's mental illness, all she need is a proper medical care,"  I persist.

"This is my house, I inherited it from my father. No one can chase me out of my heritage," Victoria yelled.

I could hear her destroying valuable things as well as noises from people trying to manage the situation.

She's at it again ooooh, I told you that she's really mad and has gone beyond medical care." Alice was affrighted while explaining the senerio. I was astonished and anxious at the same time.

"What could have  led to this act of violence, could it be that of a family hereditary, or maybe she was derelict for long", what family heritage is unknown to the Ogigis!!! I wondered. I was rummaging because I never expected such trepidation from such a calm looking lady. For a moment, she was calm but well tied. This explains all the scares and fresh bruises on her body.

"I can hear some voices in my head", Victoria murmured. 

She looks like someone that has lived with tormentors in her head that continuously attacks and punishes her as well as drains vital energy from her. It's the cause of untold misery and unhappiness, as well as disease. She has a strong emanation of anger that certain people picks up subliminally which  triggers their own latent anger.

Love, joy and peace are three aspects of the state of inner connectedness with being which Victoria doesn't possess.



Immediately, Alice turned to me, " she's the  eldest sister in the Ogigi family, Chioma that's her name. Alice continued with her narration ; " she's married and does not live here with the Ogigis'. Chioma took the responsibility to care for Victoria in her present state. She looks different from others in her family." I was mute.

"Oh God, what's this,for how long will she continue to suffer", Chioma lamented.

Could Victoria have created this pain for herself? I became curious because there are two levels to ones pains; the pains that you create now and the pains from the past that still live in your mind and body. Indecision is deadly. Most of the miserable people are those who can never make a right decision, thereby creating unnecessary pains for themselves.


................ Always be safe. Till next week Wednesday.




2 comments: